[Scilab-users] Fetching the script path

Claus Futtrup cfuttrup at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 20:59:58 CEST 2018

Hi Scilabers

I have almost always included a neat piece of code in my Scilab scripts,
so that I can later dump the plots into e.g.  SVG or PNG files (script
path is not write-protected). The code doesn't work anymore:

// Extract the filename and path of this script:
[units,typs,nams]=file();  // nams(1) = script file name incl. path
fpathname=strsplit(nams(1),  [filesep()]);  // disp(b($-1));
scriptpath  =  get_absolute_file_path(fpathname($));
chdir(scriptpath);

The above code returns an empty string in scriptpath. I'm using Scilab
6.0.1 (Windows 10) and I wonder what I should do instead?

/Claus

---