[Scilab-users] MinGW makes my Scilab session very unstable (crashs)

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Tue Apr 2 21:11:30 CEST 2019

Dear co-scilabers,

Since i installed recently the MinGW compiler and its Scilab interface
https://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/mingw/0.10.5
and i initialized it (loading the module a first time),
my Scilab sessions are much more instable, even when the minGW ATOMS
module is NOT loaded.

I get some hard immediate crashs for simple instructions, in a non
reproducible way.
I can't work more than ~200 rows of instructions without such
impredictable crash.
I use Scilab on Windows 7 64 bits.

I have not tried yet to uninstall the compiler to see if i get back
stable sessions.
But installing this compiler is the only thing that changed on my computer.

Does anyone use MinGW in a soft stable way on Windows?

Looking forward to reading from you soon,

Regards
Samuel