[Scilab-users] arrows in axis

Federico Miyara fmiyara at fceia.unr.edu.ar
Fri Apr 5 03:22:28 CEST 2019

Samuel,

Probably my comment was considered as regards text_properties, but it
actually was referred to axes_properties

https://help.scilab.org/docs/6.0.2/en_US/axes_properties.html

Close to the end, before the examples, it says:

clip_state:

    This field contains the default |clip_state| property value for all
    objects. Its value should be :

     1.

        |"off"| this means that all objects created after that are not
        clipped (default value).

     2.

        |"clipgrf"| this means that all objects created after that are
        clipped outside the Axes boundaries.

     3.

        |"on"| this means that all objects created after that are
        clipped outside the rectangle given by property clip_box.

But after any plotting process I get

--> gca().clip_state
  ans  =

  clipgrf

So it seems the default (for axes) is not "off" but "clipgrf", so there
is an issue in the documantation.

Regards,

Federico Miyara

On 04/04/2019 12:12, Samuel Gougeon wrote:
> Le 04/04/2019 à 06:03, Federico Miyara a écrit :
>>
>> Samuel,
>>
>> Investigating your example, you use the property clip_state and set
>> it to "off", clearly to allow the arrow to go a bit outside the axes.
>> I wondered whythis is necessary, considering that the documentation
>> says the default value is "off".
>
> Where have you read this?
>
> The default value is not documented in the text_properties page:
> https://help.scilab.org/docs/6.0.2/en_US/text_properties.html
>
> Regards

---