[Scilab-users] Problem with reglin function

csoulard christian.soulard at ge.com
Wed Apr 17 15:59:09 CEST 2019

Hello,

I am trying to perform a linear regression using the reglin function and I
am facing a problem. See below the code I am trying to run :

Data_Zeta = [
    4.4142e+04	6.5750e+01
    4.6287e+04	7.0186e+01
    5.4734e+04	6.0947e+01
    1.4098e+05	5.9598e+01
    1.5908e+05	6.0502e+01
    1.6466e+05	4.2313e+01
    2.4231e+05	4.0173e+01
    2.8891e+05	4.0598e+01
    4.6669e+05	3.2083e+01
    5.8211e+05	3.2542e+01
]; // The dataset to perform the regression

plot(Data_Zeta(:,1),Data_Zeta(:,2),'bo') // Optional line to plot the
dataset

[a,b,sig] = reglin(Data_Zeta(:,1),Data_Zeta(:,2)); // Call of the reglin
function

I am getting the following error message in the console : ATTENTION : armax
: z*z' est numériquement singulier.

Which can be translated as : WARNING : armax : z * z' is numerically
singular

Then I am getting variables a and sig as 10x10 matrices filled with zeros,
and b a 10x1 vector identical to Data_Zeta(:,2).

Do you know what I am doing wrong ?

Thank you for your feedback.