[Scilab-users] How to print GUI window?

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Fri Aug 2 21:24:40 CEST 2019

Le 02/08/2019 à 21:12, P M a écrit :
> ...to start with: I guess you try the gui2bitmap toolbox....
>
> To answer your questions:
> You need to download & install IrfanView on your Laptop.
> Make sure that the IrfanView install path in your code is exactly as
> it is on your machine.
> Besides of this: You may already have IrfanView installed, but it may
> be on a different path...so Scilab would no find the folder.
>
> I do not know how Scilab would automatically install IrfanView.
>
> Yes, everybody who use the code would have to have IrfanView installed.
> Also the path variable would have to be the same, if you do not want
> to change code for each of your clients.

The following can be used to get the path to the Irfanview executable,
even if Irfanview is not associated to any image extension:

try
     subkey  =  "SOFTWARE\IrfanView\shell\open\command";
     iview_path  =  winqueryreg("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE",  subkey);
catch
     msg  =  _("%s: IrfanView software not found.\n")
     error(msprintf(msg,  "This application"))
end

If "clients" means "Customers", then, Ted, you should have a look to the
Irfanview license before processing.

Regards
Samuel