[Scilab-users] How to print GUI window?

VTX1801 sl1800 at rochester.rr.com
Sat Aug 3 13:51:47 CEST 2019

Samuel,

//There is no zoom effect from gui2bitmap() (unless may be you are using a
//special graphic card..).

This is a Lenovo 17" laptop, No special graphics card. Windows 10 OS.
I saved the image with the ".png" extension.

//The point is that if the gui is partially clipped off-screen when
//gui2bitmap is run, then the screenshot
//is also clipped, since it is a screenshot.. :-)

Please look at the first screen print attached.
The GUI is entirely on the screen when gui2bitmap is run. With about 1/4
inch from the top and bottom and a little over 1 inch from the left and
right edges of the screen.

Please look at the second screen print attached.
The resulting gui2print screen that appears with winopen() command is
truncated on the right and the bottom.  There is over 3 inches of screen
image missing from the right side and about 1.5 inches missing from the
bottom. The background window is visible on the left and slightly at the
top.

Additionally, the live GUI on the screen is stretched about 1/4 inch down
and to the right.

Closing the viewer and selecting another file to view returns the GUI to the
original size.

Is there a specific viewer you are using to examine the gui2bitmap saved
image?
Every viewer I try has the same result.

I will test gui2bitmap with different file extensions.

I appreciate your efforts and I am willing to continue testing and
responding with observations.

Regards,
Ted