[Scilab-users] Spam in Scilab Forge

philippe rouxph.22 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 22:50:45 CEST 2019

Le 03/08/2019 à 20:17, Nikolay Strelkov a écrit :
> Dear Scilab Forge admins!
>
> It seems that the Scilab Forge site suffers from spam attacks.
> Recently I have received 28 e-mails from the Scilab Forge site.
> The e-mails were sent from bufferblock issue tracker -
> http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/bufferblock/issues/1483/ .
> There are other trackers with spam activity.

this is note the only one , ticket interface of other "abandoned"
projects are used by spamers :

* http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/metanet/issues/
* http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/scimax/issues/949/

> Please consider to check security status of Scilab Forge.
> It seems to be vulnerable for illegal new user registrations and maybe
> something similar.

the maintainer of each project should suppress those messages from
issues (?) but they probably  stopped working on these projects ...

Best regards,
Philippe