[Scilab-users] Confusion about types (typeof vs. Variabe Browser)

Stéphane Mottelet stephane.mottelet at utc.fr
Mon Dec 9 09:44:02 CET 2019

Hello all,

> Le 06/12/2019 à 23:23, Federico Miyara a écrit :
>>
>> .../...
>> By the way, if constant were changed to double (or to number or
>> num.ber --I don't get the dot...
>
> As in 3.14, contrarily to 123

If "double" is not to be used for reasons that I still don't understand,
why don't we use "Real" instead of "Number" for x such that
typeof(x)==constant and isreal(x)==%t ? This would be consistent with
"complex" when typeof(x)==constant and isreal(x)==f. Moreover, this
would be even set-theory compliant, i.e. use the name of the smallest
set corresponding to storage type.

>> --), then as this might cause some backward compatibility, consider
>> taking the oportunity also to replace "ce" by "cell", and "st" by
>> "struct",
>
> Definitely, or even with their possible translation in locales, as for
> other main native types.

Stéphane Mottelet
Ingénieur de recherche
CS 60319, 60203 Compiègne cedex