[Scilab-users] 3 byte integers

Federico Miyara fmiyara at fceia.unr.edu.ar
Tue Dec 17 20:08:16 CET 2019

Dear All,

While it is possible to create directly a wav file of reasonable size
from Scilab, if the size is very large, say, 1 Gb,we willmost likely
have memory problems. That's why I'm trying to program a script allowing
to append new audio data to an existing wav file.

It is simple to save 8 bit, 16 bit and 32 bit samples to a file.
However, 24 bit is also a popular format and Scilab doesn't seem to
support 3 byte integer format, either for variables and read/write file
operations.

Is there some way to save 3 byte integers other than creating a
specialized routine from scratch?

Regards,

Federico Miyara