[Scilab-users] Phishing attempt?

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Sun Feb 24 19:14:35 CET 2019

Hello Clauss,

Le 24/02/2019 à 10:18, Claus Futtrup a écrit :

> Dear Scilab mailing list
>
> Today I received an email with a link, recommending me to sign up for
> the Scilab mailing list, presumably this one (?) - for which I'm
> already a member. This makes me suspicious. Is this a phishing attempt?
>
> Scilab - please confirm this is a valid request - or not?
>
> Title of the email: *Scilab users - Mailing Lists Archives*
>
> Sent from: no-reply at nabble.com
>
> ... Very suspicious, and without any previous "flagging" that such an
> email is coming from anybody credible (credible = from anyone inside
> the Scilab team).

It looks like a regular administrative notification from the nable
plateform homing mailing lists.
I guess that it can occur while some operations are done on the web
interface.
Phishing is when in a mail some link leads to a target completely
different from
the supposed one "readable as the link text". It does not look to be the
case.

If someone tried to use your loggin on the online plateform but failed
due to a bad login,
then a good plateform will notify the actual recipient to confirm the login.
This is rather a sign for security, not the opposite.

Regards
Samuel