[Scilab-users] transparently overlapping histograms

Federico Miyara fmiyara at fceia.unr.edu.ar
Fri Jul 19 10:41:23 CEST 2019

Heinz,

Inkcape is a free software for vectorial graphics manipulation, similar
to Freehand or Adobe Illustrator. It can be downloaded from
https://portableapps.com/apps/graphics_pictures/inkscape_portable as a
portable application and it is relatively easy to use. I haven't used to
set transparency but it should surely be straightforward.

Federico Miyara

On 19/07/2019 04:55, Heinz Nabielek wrote:
> Thanks a lot- unfortunately no idea about svg and inkscape.
>
> The neat thing with Scilab is that everything is easy and quick, both in calculation and display...
>
> Heinz
>

>> On 19.07.2019, at 09:42, Antoine Monmayrant <antoine.monmayrant at laas.fr> wrote:
>>

>> Le 19/07/2019 à 09:30, Heinz Nabielek a écrit :
>>> Scilab friends:
>>>
>>> I have seen transparently overlapping histograms in R and in Matlab. But how do I do that in Scilab?
>> Basically?
>> You can't.
>> Scilab does not support transparency.
>> My current workaround for transparent plots/graphs/surfaces is to plot everything in scilab, export as svg then edit the svg with Inkscape to set the transparency.
>>
>> Having transparency support in scilab would be a nice improvement...
>>

>> Antoine
>>
>>> Heinz

---