[Scilab-users] Converting a figure to a SciCV Mat

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Fri Jul 26 19:52:55 CEST 2019

Hello,

Le 26/07/2019 à 19:22, stevenrjarrett a écrit :
> Is there a way to convert a Scilab figure to a SciCV Mat? I had thought the
> simplest way would be to convert the figure to a matrix and use the matrix
> data to create the SciCV Mat, but I have not been successful finding a way
> to do either.
>
> The reason I want to convert between them is so that I can create a video
> that shows data being plotted in real time. I have done this successfully by
> creating the figures, writing a series of image files, and converting the
> images to a video using the SciCV toolbox. As you can imagine, it is time
> consuming to write that many images to the disk as only an intermediate
> step, and I have been trying to find a cleaner/faster way to do it within
> Scilab.

If you are really in a hurry, i am afraid that you will have to find an
external solution, because anyway exporting figures within Scilab is
quite slow, even in bitmap encodings. This has been reported here
<http://bugzilla.scilab.org/13904> and is still the case.

Otherwise, you can use animaGIF(), that can avoid storing all
intermediate images, but that does not avoid creating them. So, it saves
disk space, but not time as you request. It does not really aim to make
video with a "normal" frame rate, although it can mimik it.

Samuel