[Scilab-users] xclick without waiting for event ?

Stéphane Mottelet stephane.mottelet at utc.fr
Tue Jun 11 22:22:09 CEST 2019

Hello Philipp,

You can do this this by using an event_handler function which updates
two variables in the main workspace:

function  event_handler_function(h, x, y, ibut)
     if  ibut  ==  -1
         [MOUSE_X,MOUSE_Y]=resume(x,y);
     end
end

gcf().event_handler  =  "event_handler_function";
gcf().event_handler_enable  =  "on";

MOUSE_X and MOUSE_Y will always contain the current coordinates of the
mouse pointer

S.

Le 09/06/2019 à 21:26, P M a écrit :
> Dear Experts,
>
> is there a way to get the mouse position without waiting for an event?
>
> With xgetmouse and xclick it is possible to get the mouse position,
> but the functions return the position only if there was an event.
> So the functions wait until the mouse is moved/clicked etc.
>
> I'ld like to get the mouse position even when the mouse is not
> moved/clicked etc.
>
> Thank you,
> Philipp

Stéphane Mottelet