[Scilab-users] {EXT} Re: Export plot from figure with uicontrols

Federico Miyara fmiyara at fceia.unr.edu.ar
Fri Mar 1 04:19:35 CET 2019

Christophe,

One can also export as EMF directly from Scilab, the problem is that it
is not compatible with Word 2003 (the version I have). Do you mean that
the EMF produced by Inkscape is really compatible with Word? If this is
the case, there is something to be improved in the Scilab EMF export.

Regards,

Federico Miyara

On 28/02/2019 05:26, Dang Ngoc Chan, Christophe wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Concerning the following point (which is not related to Scilab):
>
>> I couldn't manage to make it compatible with, for instance, Word.
>> My solution has been to save the figure as svg (a vectorized format),
>> then open it with GIMP
> You'd better open the SVG with Inkscape (also free)
> then save as .emf.
>
> EMF (enhanced metafile) is a Microsoft Windows vector graphic format,
> you can thus have the vector graphic quality inside Microsoft Word.
>
> There are some limitations to EMF
> but as long as you only have curves, colour surfaces and texts
> it should be OK.
>
> Regards
>
> --
> Christophe Dang Ngoc Chan
> Mechanical calculation engineer
>
> Public
> This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error), please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

---