[Scilab-users] Question on switch

Federico Miyara fmiyara at fceia.unr.edu.ar
Fri Mar 8 20:46:21 CET 2019

Dear all,

I've seen that Scilab accepts the conditional switch clause like Matlab
and C, and it seems to work as expected. But when one attemps to get
help on switch the result refers to a switch block from Xcos.

Indeed, it is not documented among the control flow keywords.

I wonder if it is or will be deprecated, and if it is advisable not to
use it and use select instead (like in Fortran and Basic).

The mfile2sci function converts the switch clauses to select.

Thank you.

Regards,

Federico Miyara

---