[Scilab-users] [EXTERNAL] Re: ?==?utf-8?q? images in hdf5 format

Carrico, Paul paul.carrico at esterline.com
Wed Mar 20 09:20:20 CET 2019

Hello Antoine,

Thanks for this feedback;

As you know, the hdf5 file format is just wonderful to record information's in a general way, through the dataset, the attributs and so on, and I'm quite happy to use Scilab to manage it. You also have the opportunity to insert images (a lot of images) and so on : the hdf5 format becomes self-consistent and I particularly appreciate it.

(In addition, on would say that the hdf5 format is becoming the first level of another format such as the XDMF, NETCDF for example, very promising for visualization topics …

Currently I can insert pictures/fig manually using hdfview, but with dozens of images, I'm wondering if I can do it directly with Scilab (inserted in my current modelling workflow) ... so this post ; of course the h5 file must be “readable” with hdfview/Vitables for example in order to share it with my colleagues.

Nb: One thing is missing in my mind (or maybe I missed it), the opportunity to compress the data as we can do with h5py libraries for example, in order to reduce the final file size (in conjunction with the float format).

Regards

Paul

EXPORT CONTROL :
« Cet email ne contient pas de données techniques »
« This email does not contain technical data »