[Scilab-users] cannot get polarplot to graph a decent windrose

Heinz Nabielek heinznabielek at me.com
Sun Mar 24 16:18:33 CET 2019

First polarplot problem was to put 0 on top and 90° to the right. This problem was solved by Federico using gca().rotation_angles = [180 0]

x = (0:360)/180*%pi;
y = 0.5*(1 + cos(x));
polarplot(x, y)
gca().rotation_angles = [180 0]

______
Second problem:
> plot several curves in polar mode is to use matrices as input, as for the plot() and plot2d() functions

does not work....
x = (0:360)'/180*%pi;
z=[(0.5*(1 + cos(x)))  (0.5+(1 + cos(x)))];
polarplot(x,z);

produces the ERROR MESSAGE
> at line    18 of function polarplot ( /Applications/scilab-6.0.2.app/Contents/MacOS/share/scilab/modules/graphics/macros/polarplot.sci line 31 )
> Inconsistent row/column dimensions.

_________________
Third: solving my problem with

polarplot(x,z(:,1),style=1);polarplot(x',z(:,2),style=5);

gives me two polarplot curves, but messes up the diagram with twice writing out all angles and all function scales which I do not want.

And:
gca().children(2).visible = "off"

does not help it either.

So, I am still stuck with problem #2 and problem #3 and help would be appreciated.
Heinz

> On 24.03.2019, at 13:31, Samuel Gougeon <sgougeon at free.fr> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> Le 24/03/2019 à 03:27, Federico Miyara a écrit :
>>
>> Heinz,
>>
>>> gca().rotation_angles = [180 0] is perfect for me. 270° West is correctly on the left hand side !
>>>
>>> But I get a mess with a multiple plot.....I want the degrees only at the outermost circle
>>> Heinz
>>>
>>> for i=1:6; ..
>>> polarplot(theta,MM(:,i),style=i); ...
>>> end;