[Scilab-users] A collection of Scilab GUI tutorials

yanndebray yann.debray at scilab-enterprises.com
Sun Mar 31 20:26:45 CEST 2019

Dear Foad,

Great initiative!
I have been willing to conduct the same initiative for a while, to
centralize resources around the development of Graphical User Interfaces,
and make it easily accessible for beginners...
I appreciate that you take the lead with this git repository.
For a start, I would suggest to use existing scilab tools for collaboration,
such as the wiki:
https://wiki.scilab.org/howto/GUI

This way, it is quite easy for anyone to contribute, without any Git skills
necessary, with a rendering that is ok (not as good as Markdown rendering in
Github, but we will get there).
Those resources would be already easy to find, even though our wiki could
use some more attention.

Next step could be a tutorial listed in the *Application development*
category:
https://www.scilab.org/tutorials?field_tutorials_tid=13

And eventually for content that is mature could be summarized on a dedicated
page such as this one:
https://www.scilab.org/software/scilab/app-development
(could also use a revamp)

Yann