[Scilab-users] Make Variable visible in Scilab from a SCE-script in a toolbox

Antoine ELIAS antoine.elias at scilab-enterprises.com
Fri May 10 14:43:03 CEST 2019

Hello,

You can use "resume" to return values in caller environment.
In case of callbacks from gui interaction, caller is always "console" scope.

In your callback do something like "data = resume(a);"
That's create or overwrite "data" with the contents of "a"

Example :

xdel(winsid());
clear createGUI callbackFromGui;

function createGUI()
     f = figure(...
         "dockable", "off", ...
         "axes_size", [300 100], ...
         "infobar_visible", "off", ...
         "toolbar", "none", ...
         "menubar_visible", "on", ...
         "menubar", "none", ...
         "default_axes", "off", ...
         "background", color(255, 255, 255));

     uicontrol(f, ...
         "style", "pushbutton", ...
         "string", "Send variable in console context", ...
         "position", [(300 - 200)/2 (100 - 25)/2 200 25], ...
         "callback", "callbackFromGui");
endfunction

function callbackFromGui()
     a = rand(10, 10);
     data = resume(a);
endfunction

createGUI();

After clicking on the button, you should have a "data" variable in the
console.

Regards,
Antoine