[Scilab-users] non-symmetric windows

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Wed May 22 19:02:58 CEST 2019

Hello Federico,

Le 22/05/2019 à 16:40, Federico Miyara a écrit :

> Dear all,
>
> I need to implement a 4096 point non-symmetric Hann window. The
> function window provides several types of symetric windows, including
> Hann.
>
> I wonder if computing a 4097 point symmetric window and keeping the
> first 4096 yields what I'm looking for.

It depends only on your criteria to make it asymetric.

--> window("hn",4)
  ans  =
    0.   0.75   0.75   0.

--> w = window("hn",5)
  w  =
    0.   0.5   1.   0.5   0.

  ans  =
    0.   0.5   1.   0.5

Is this OK ? window() normalizes the maximum height, not the area. So
trimming the raw result less than its half width keeps its max to 1. And
there is no correction factor to apply to the area to keep it to 1,
since it's not its original value.

Samuel