[Scilab-users] C compiler for use with xcos

cobnashine raymondvillain at gmail.com
Fri May 24 17:44:08 CEST 2019

Scilab 6.0.2 64 bit, Windows 10 64 bit on AMD processor.

Difficult to have Scilab 6.0.2 find my C compiler.  Downloaded Visual Studio
community version, it comes with 4 different versions of cl.exe.

In the Scilab console, the command configure_msvc() returns TRUE.
haveacompiler() returns FALSE.  From the Scilab console window, is there a
command that will allow me to set the path to the compiler manually?

Are there not other C compilers besides Visual Studio that can be installed
and utilized by Scilab?