[Scilab-users] Unclear How to create toolbox

marko jrich at littleappletech.com
Sun May 26 23:21:22 CEST 2019

Hi; I've written some scripts that I want to load at startup. The
documentation on how to do this  is not clear, including "Build a Toolbox
with Scilab.pdf".
1) There exists no 'cleaner.sce' in the 'contrib' (or any other) directory.
2) We are supposed to copy (??) files like ".start", but the  only such
files included are long and contain a lot of not relevant material. Yet
without advanced knowledge it is not possible to know what to do - start
over? build (somehow) from scratch? Note that the quoted images to use (?)
are sometimes incomplete, several lines missing for the example
'cleaner.sce'.
3) Is one supposed to create his/her own 'builder.sce' file ? Again, not
sure the image is complete in the example.

I notice on one of these help pages Mr. Gudgeon (sorry if mispelled)
suggests editing the file 'scilab.ini'. This file does not exist on my
computer (Windows 7 with scilab 6.0.2). Maybe (?) I'm to create that on my
own?

Please realize that in many years I have discovered the danger to my
computer(s) of ignorantly fooling around with startup files.

I for one would sure appreciate knowing how to actually build a toolbox.
Thanks for comments.

marko