[Scilab-users] Scilab cannot work on macOS 10.15 Catalina: Any progress in sight?

knobs wknoelly at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 17:41:21 CET 2019

Hi Heinz,Did you find a fix?I had SciLab 6 running perfectly well on my Macs
under both Mojave and High Sierra without installing Java 6. This is not an
Apple problem, but a SciLab issue. Honestly, I do not understand why SciLab
has to use be Java 6 ?!! Seems backwards to me.There was a way to tell old
java apps to use the new up-to-date java. I just do not remember how I did
this anymore. So after installing Catalina, Scilab does not work anymore. It
must have removed my java links/fix.Once I figure it out again, I let you
know.CheersWilli