[Scilab-users] Scilab cannot work on macOS 10.15 Catalina: Any progress in sight?

Chin Luh Tan chinluh.tan at bytecode-asia.com
Sun Nov 3 17:23:43 CET 2019

One more thing, the macos compilation guide which is using fink might be a bit outdated, anyone having any idea, should we use homebrew, mac_port, instead?

thanks again.

rgds,

CL

---- On Mon, 04 Nov 2019 00:20:29 +0800 Chin Luh Tan <chinluh.tan at bytecode-asia.com> wrote ----

Hi Stéphane, Willi,

First of all, thanks for the fix on the java issues and the Scilab could be launch in Catalina!

Secondly, Willi, I was facing the same atoms issue with you when first launching the Scilab from the app, then I switch to the terminal and get it running. After the first time running from terminal, it seems to be alright to run from app after that. Could you confirm that?

Thanks.

rgds,

CL

---- On Sun, 03 Nov 2019 22:45:59 +0800 knobs <mailto:wknoelly at gmail.com> wrote ----

Hi Stéphane,

Sorry, if you felt offended. I was simply reporting a bug.  I am spending
hours trying to get SciLab to work on macOS and compiling atoms toolboxes
from scratch that are not available (yet) for macOS. At 2 a.m. I can crack a
joke. Otherwise I would go insane. The world is not that black and white.

In any case, I found a work around, not a real solution. When starting
scilab through the Terminal window I can kind of load ATOMS, but not when
starting the app.

Cheers
Willi