[Scilab-users] Scilab cannot work on macOS 10.15 Catalina: Any progress in sight?

knobs wknoelly at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 20:47:45 CET 2019

Hi,

I had worked on CelestLab and different CV packages and compiled them in
Sierra or High Sierra (not sure anymore). IPCV and SciCV. Both are now
readily available... No more need to compile them ;-)

I am not compiling SciLab from scratch. That would be beyond my
capabilities.

I only use Homebrew. No Fink no MacPorts.  So far I am very happy with what
I can find on Homebrew.

There are still issues with ATOMS when start it through the Menu. Starting
scilab through the Terminal window helped populating and downloading the
list of package and categories. After that I can start the ATOMS GUI when
starting SciLab as an app. I can hence confirm Chin Luh Tan's experience.

E.g. CelestLab could be installed through the Menu and the GUI. No issues at
all. After the SciLab restart, I could not install IPCV or other toolboxes
this way. Different messages. Typically it cannot find certain files or the
html links are broken. So maybe it is either the file/directory structure of
the zip file or the link to the zip file does not exist anymore. Thus it
might actually be neither a SciLab nor an ATOMS issue (indirectly maybe).

Then I deleted all leftovers of IPCV in the contrib folder and used
atomsInstall('IPCV'), which put the files in the share/.../contrib folder,
but I realized the folder structure is wrong (not recognised?). I had to
move all files and subdirectories from the .../IPCV/IPCV folder to
.../IPCV/4.1/  Then everything works perfectly.

Very tricky.

BTW, output from getversion() is  "scilab-6.0.2".

W.