[Scilab-users] Scilab cannot work on macOS 10.15 Catalina: Any        progress in sight?

knobs wknoelly at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 22:03:26 CET 2019

Hi,

I installed the Scilab from the new dmg:

=========
--> [version, opts] = getversion()
 opts  =

!GCC  x64  modelicac  release  Aug 19 2019  11:47:50  !

 version  =

 scilab-6.0.2
=========

When running Atoms from the menu it still would start nor populate the
atoms-list.

Running from terminal, this allows to run atomsList from command line but
not from. In fact the menu does not react to the mouse.

atomsInstall works from the command line, though.

Edited the atomsExtract.sci as described above, but I guess the sci has to
be re-compiled, correct?

Anyway, I restarted scilab ap by clicking on the app icon, and now I could
start the atoms GUI from the menu.

IPCV still shows the sub-directory issues. I fixed this again manually by
moving files and sue-dirs around.

Then I tried to install another module ("Neural Networks ..."). Again the
regex issue:

=======
Startup execution:

Start CelestLab => Version 3.3.1

Start IPCV 4.1 for Scilab 6.0
Image Processing and Computer Vision Toolbox for Scilab
2019 - Bytecode Malaysia
	Load macros
	Load dependencies

 Pre-Compiled OpenCV lib used
	Load gateways
	Load help
	Load demos

at line     5 of function processHTMLLinks (
/Applications/scilab-6.0.2.app/Contents/MacOS/share/scilab/modules/atoms/macros/atoms_gui/cbAtomsGui.sci
line 427 )
at line   113 of function updateDescFrame  (
/Applications/scilab-6.0.2.app/Contents/MacOS/share/scilab/modules/atoms/macros/atoms_gui/cbAtomsGui.sci
line 286 )
at line    22 of function cbAtomsGui       (
/Applications/scilab-6.0.2.app/Contents/MacOS/share/scilab/modules/atoms/macros/atoms_gui/cbAtomsGui.sci
line 36 )

regexp: Unknown error.
=======

So... no apparent change on my machine to the previous version (official
stable release) of Scilab 6.0.2.. Sorry.