[Scilab-users] sparse() to build a block-diagonal matrix?

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Mon Nov 25 16:02:42 CET 2019

Hello,

In the sysdiag() page
<https://help.scilab.org/docs/6.0.2/en_US/sysdiag.html>, it is stated
that sparse() can be used to build a block-diagonal matrix:
"Beside this function, you can also use|sparse
<https://help.scilab.org/docs/6.0.2/fr_FR/sparse.html>()|primitive to
build a/block diagonal sparse matrix/."

But i did not find any description nor example of such a feature in
thesparse() page <https://help.scilab.org/docs/6.0.2/en_US/sparse.html>.
I have quickly tried some "exotic" syntaxes, without result.

Does anyone know if this feature actually exists, and if so what's its
syntax?

I know that sysdiag() works also with sparse objects.
There are several issues in the sysdiag() page, and i would like to have
clear ideas about the reference to sparse.

Thanks
Samuel