[Scilab-users] How to know which is the system's font?

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Tue Oct 29 20:44:21 CET 2019

> Le 29/10/2019 à 02:22, ol.bond a écrit :
>> Dear Samuel,
>>
>> You may try to use buil in interpreter of Tcl/Tk.
>>
>> Try the following instruction: TCL_EvalStr("set s [font actual
>> systemfont]")
>
> --> TCL_EvalStr("set s [font actual systemfont]")
>  ans  =
>  -family Arial -size 10 -weight normal -slant roman -underline 0
> -overstrike 0

After some tests, this answer does not look (always) reliable.
In NW and NWNI mode on Windows, it is possible to change at any time the
font used in the cmd.exe terminal homing the scilab session. This
immediately changes the rendering in the Scilab console.
But this does not change the TCL_EvalStr() answer, that is always
"Arial" on my system, even when actually setting "Consolas" or "Lucida
console" as the actual font.

In Scilab STD mode, i don't know how to check if Arial is actually the
system's font.

Samuel