[Scilab-users] xload mess ...

Antoine Monmayrant amonmayr at laas.fr
Wed Sep 11 15:24:19 CEST 2019

Hi all,

I'm fighting with xload to reload saved figures, modify them (aesthetics only) and export.
There are several issues with xload that does not seem to match the documentation:

- If no graphic windows are opened, xload('figfile.scg') is creating a new one and restoring the figure size ( gcf().figure_size ), contrary to what is stated in the documentation "xload does not restore the window number, the window size nor the window dimensions."
- If there are graphic windows opened, xload('figfile.scg') adds the saved figure to the current window, usually resulting in a terrible mess, figure size being lost during the battle. The fact the the current window is modified by calling xload() is not mentioned in the documentation.
-- if h=scf() and using xload('figfile.scg',h) the figure is restored in h and the original figure size is lost (h.figure_size is used).

So here is my question: is there a way to restore a figure from a file, including its figure size, without resorting to closing all the other figures beforehand?

Cheers,

Antoine