[Scilab-users] Really headless figure generation in scilab

Antoine Monmayrant antoine.monmayrant at laas.fr
Wed Apr 29 14:51:51 CEST 2020

Hello All,

Here is a Covid19 & forced remote work issue.
One of my students has to run some of his simulations and generate
png/svg figures on a linux workstation we don't have physical access to
given the current lockdown.

The problem is that from his Windows laptop without X server, he cannot
"ssh -YC" to the linux workstation but only "ssh -X".
He thus only have access to "-nogui" or "-nwni" modes were all the
graphics macros are deactivate.

Any of you ever faced a similar situation and found a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Antoine

PS: it's a pity that scilab is not able to do real headless figure
generation.