[Scilab-users] Toolbox for calling external C++ libraries

Clément David Clement.David at esi-group.com
Mon Aug 24 15:55:09 CEST 2020

Hi,

Scilab 6 has an internal C++ API that you could use if you wish to be full C++, it might change from release to release and is not ABI stable. I suggest you use the C API to target a stable API/ABI even if you are developing your code in C++. Each time you wish to send data to Scilab, write them into a Scilab datatype; each time you wish to receive data, read them from a Scilab datatype.

If you prefer to map C++ objects, I suggest you to use SWIG [1] to generate the Scilab C API for you for a specific subset of your code. It will be easy to write a clean C/C++ interface and the generated code is only using the Scilab C API.

[1]: http://www.swig.org/

Thanks,

Clément