[Scilab-users] Headless graphics in scilab: time & memory issues

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Tue Dec 15 18:58:03 CET 2020

Le 03/12/2020 à 09:59, Antoine Monmayrant a écrit :

> Hello again,
>
> Just to add to my previous message: increasing nx or ny in my script
> can crash scilab during the call to xend().
> On my small local machine, this occurs for:
>
>     nx=4000;
>     ny=3000;
>
> for which scilab takes ~7 seconds to create the png in "normal" mode...
>
> Can any of you confirm this bug?

The crash is due to a too small Java Heap of memory.
When increasing it through the user's Preferences from 256 MB to 1 GB,
the PNG export works as fast as expected.
I get i nice png image from 4000x3000 with
--> tic(); Sgrayplot(x,y,z.'); toc()
  ans  =
    8.1342045

--> tic(); xs2png(0, "test.png"); toc