[Scilab-users] IPCV upscaling of image

Claus Futtrup cfuttrup at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 19:42:37 CET 2020

Hi there

I have a 4K picture, which I thought I'll try to upscale with the
imsuperres in the IPCV toolbox. The code simply looks like this:

imagefile = 'D:\Userdata\Claus\Pictures\Think_Global_4K.png';
im = imread(imagefile);
imout  = imsuperres(im);

The file is read and I get the following response: Unsigned Integer 8
bits (2160 x 3840). Then Scilab crashes. I'm running Scilab 6.1.0 (the
original release) on Windows 10 - in a MS Windows dialog box I get:

 >Scilab 6.1.0 (Desktop) has stopped working

 >A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will
close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I am not sure that I've understood how to use imsuperres correctly. I
see in the _params that rfactor = 4 is the default, so I was expecting
the image to be scaled by a factor 4 (maybe that's 2 x 2 = I get an 8K
image = 4320 x 7680 pixels). The way I understand the documentation, I
don't need to run imsuperres_params if I'm satisified with the defaults.

Kind regards,

Claus