[Scilab-users] Increasing Scilab default Java heap memory to 512 MB?

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Mon Dec 21 16:42:01 CET 2020

Le 20/12/2020 à 18:53, Antoine Monmayrant a écrit :

> On 19/12/2020 16:24, Samuel Gougeon wrote:
>> Le 16/12/2020 à 14:16, Antoine Monmayrant a écrit :
>>>
>>> That's the very first thing we change after installing scilab on all
>>> the computers in our group, so I agree we need to change it.
>>>
>> I conclude that 512 MB is enough. Otherwise you would not have
>> experienced and reported the issue.
> Wait, what?
> I don't see how you conclude 512 is enough?

You are right: 512 MB is enough to pass the example reformulated by
Stéphane and Christophe, not to pass its original version with
driver("PNG").

But when i increase the java heap to 1 GB, your original script passes
without error:

--> exec('test.sce', -1)

   "SCREEN: Time to plot = 1.2227456s"

   "HEADLESS: Time to plot = 33.772641s"

By the way, beside the driver() discussion, the Java memory consumption
of the grayplot family is known for a long time:
http://bugzilla.scilab.org/8747  http://bugzilla.scilab.org/13150 and so on.