[Scilab-users] atomsLoad

Jean-Yves Baudais Jean-Yves.Baudais at insa-rennes.fr
Tue Dec 22 12:36:25 CET 2020

Hi,

> You must use Scilab 5.5.2 and install the 1.2 version of the toolbox. It
> should run out of the box.

Ok. I installed it. "scilab" command and "scilab -nw" or "-nb" or "-ns" or "-noatomsautoload" give the so funny "Segmentation fault" :-( Hopefully, "scilab -nwni" works, but I only have the head_comments help and no plot. So, not so funny, but I can juggle between scilab-5.5.2 and scilab-6.1.0

"scilab -debug" does not work anymore (but I not able to use gdb!)

gdb: SCI/lib/thirdparty/libtinfo.so.5: no version information available (required by gdb)
gdb: SCI/lib/thirdparty/libtinfo.so.5: no version information available (required by /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libreadline.so.7)
[...]
gdb: relocation error: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libncursesw.so.5: symbol _nc_putchar version NCURSES_TINFO_5.9.20150530 not defined in file libtinfo.so.5 with link time reference

and "scilab -nogui" gives (maybe more informative)

Scilab startup function detected that the function proposed to the engine is the wrong one. Usually, it comes from a linker problem in your distribution/OS.
Here, Scilab should have 'libscijvm-disable' defined but gets 'libscijvm' instead.
If you do not know what it means, please report a bug on http://bugzilla.scilab.org/. If you do, you probably know that you should change the link order in SCI/modules/Makefile.am

Is there a simple way to solve this JVM problem? (Note that the default scilab-6.0 installed in my Unbuntu has a JVM problem also and does not work. Maybe I will try to solve it another time.)

--
Jean-Yves Baudais