[Scilab-users] Has anyone interfaced scilab/xcos with the RTL Software defined radio dongle ?

apchar boiir apchar123 at outlook.com
Sat Feb 15 21:58:20 CET 2020

There's a popular (meaning cheap) software defined radio receiver on a USB dongle called the RTL SDR. Has anyone interfaced it or anything like it to scilab/xcos. It would be a blast to stream data from this device into xcos and play with DSP. Matlab has it but you're looking at $300 of software just to get started. I'll take a crack at it (it's all opensource) if no one else has but no sense reinventing the wheel. I don't see anything in the atoms list. Are there any hooks in scilab to interface with hardware?