[Scilab-users] Context error in Xcos Scilab 6.1.0

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Sat Feb 29 17:41:34 CET 2020

Hello Pierre,

Le 29/02/2020 à 11:32, Perrichon a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I try to understand and find a reason why my projects done with xcos
> scilab 5.5.2 not run i 6.1.0
>
> So I isolate at least one reason in a basic test program (see attached
> files)
>
> Here, zcos file are lunched into scilab 5.5.2 or 6.10, with the A.sce
> file which test the version
>
> A.ctx is a context file. Here is a simple variable definition A=50 in
> that case.
>
> Every zcos file contains in its simulation contexte, the instruction
> « exec("A.ctx") » ; accessible with simulation-> context modifying
>
> To run this program, make a directory, a copy of the attached files,
> and change eventually line 4 in A.sce :
>
> Root="c:\0 - tampon" // Répertoire de travail pour le test
>
> So run A.sce inside xcos scilab 5.5.2 or 6.1.0
>
> Scilab 5.5.2 run correctly :
>
> <diagram image>
>
> Scilab 6.1.0 is bugged :

Apparently, the problem is that the context is not executed when the
diagram is loaded.
Despite what the context message indicates:

Indeed, the message mprintf("Chargement du contexte d''exécution
%s\n\n",FichierContexte)
set in the context is not displayed when the diagram is loaded in 6.1.0
; only when the context
is updated (or simply edited and revalidated).

With Scilab 5.5, the context is not executed when loading the
diagram,but when running it.

So, to me, there are apparently 2 issues:

 1. The /Set Context/ message should be fixed: "... and every time the
    diagram is *run*" (not loaded)
 2. The fact that the context is executed when the diagram is run should
    be restored in Scilab 6.

Regards

Samuel