[Scilab-users] {EXT} Slight inconsistency and suggested mprovement in max / min / mean etc.

Dang Ngoc Chan, Christophe Christophe.Dang at sidel.com
Fri Jan 17 09:30:12 CET 2020

Hello Frederico,

This is an interesting point.

One way to allow this would be to allow only one argument for max().

You can do :

A = 0.2*[1 2 ; 3 4]

max(list(A, 1))

(which already work at the present time) and thus we could keep the second argument for the dimension of the hypermatrix.

Except that this may have a drastic impact on some existing customer code ;-)

Regards

--
Christophe Dang Ngoc Chan
Mechanical calculation engineer