[Scilab-users] Next Scilab releaes?

RolandB jdb61858 at suoox.com
Thu Jan 30 13:27:23 CET 2020

Hi,

as the current master branch is often referred to as Scilab 6.1.0, I assume
it will not just be a minor patch release.

I would */highly/* recommend that a potential release date be announced and
that the users be encouraged to test the current master build(s) on their
scripts in order to find (and hopefully be able to fix) as many bugs as
possible before the release.

If you guys don't want to announce a release date, maybe you can announce a
date where you recommend to file bug reports in order to at least still have
a chance to get them fixed before the release.
I remember reading in quite a few bug reports that the pre-release testing
has to be more thoroughly with the next release. I hope that were not only
empty words.

Regards,
Roland