[Scilab-users] FEA in Scilab

Claus Futtrup cfuttrup at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 16:49:19 CET 2020

Hi Michael

I'm the thread starter. Good point that one could look in MATLAB for
inspiration.

I am not so much interested in creating a FEA program (or API) myself in
Scilab, but if anything exist today which to some extent is in
development or service (maintenance), then I'd be inclined to try this.

... Conclusion seems to be, this is not the case.

Best regards,
Claus

On 30.01.2020 14:59, Michael J. McCann wrote:
> Federico,
> This isn't really an answer but I have in hand a book;
>
> "Introduction to  Finite and Spectral Element Methods Using MATLAB",
>  C.Pozrikidis,     CRC Press,    2014     ISBN978.1.4822.0915.0
> It might provide models for coding even if the dialect is different.
>
> Mike.
>
> On 1/28/2020 7:14 PM, Federico Miyara wrote:
>>
>> Claus,
>>
>> I'm interested.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Federico Miyara
>>

>> On 27/01/2020 07:25, Claus Futtrup wrote:
>>> Dear fellow Scilabers
>>>
>>> There are various initiatives and possibly demonstration projects
>>> for implementing Finite Element algorithms and Analysis in Scilab.
>>> Please help me by providing pointers.
>>>
>>> What I'd like to simulate is the suspension of a loudspeaker (the
>>> cloth spider which essentially centers the voice coil in the air
>>> gap), in particular I wish to calculate a force-deflection curve.
>>>
>>> In my particular case, I'd like to describe the spider as a
>>> collection of line segments (straight lines as well as circular
>>> sections). This description represents a cross section view of the
>>> spider. For proper modeling, this is an axisymmetric model of the