[Scilab-users] scilab and tif-files

Chin Luh Tan chinluh.tan at bytecode-asia.com
Mon Jul 13 03:12:34 CEST 2020

Hi,

I remembered I was having some issue on reading the tiff file which was trying to read in different bits per pixels such as 12 bits (for a type of CCD camera) , that's why created the tifread for reference as I believe it there would be much more different standard of images/data which are not covered by imread. (for e.g. I just came across YUV video which need to be read by Scilab basic IO)

As for standard RGB image (8-bits per channel), it should be fine, you might want to send a sample (upload somewhere) and let us have a look.

Thanks.

rgds,

CL

---- On Fri, 10 Jul 2020 17:52:14 +0800 P M <p.muehlmann at gmail.com> wrote ----

Dear experts,

I do have a tif-file....in fact: lot's of them and of different size.

Pixel values are:

- red

- green

- white

- black

Now, I want to convert these files in Black/white images, such as:

- red pixels --> black

- green pixels --> white

- black pixels --> black

- white pixels --> black

in other words:    Only the green pixels are of interest.

Now, as I use IPCV:

- imread()...does not handle tif-files correctly

--> it does read the files, but the output is a boolean-matrix......that doesn't help

- tifread()...does only handle  images with size
1024x1024 ... doesn't help

Is there a way to read TIF-files into Scilab and keep the R-G-B-channels?

Thank you,

Philipp

mailto:users at lists.scilab.org