[Scilab-users] Request for suggestions with plotting.

Adrian Weeks aweeks at hidglobal.com
Fri Jul 24 19:11:05 CEST 2020

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone could suggest a solution to this problem?

I want to:

                Create a figure.                                                                                 This remains fixed.          This I can do.
                Create four axes within the figure.                                            These remain fixed.        This I can do.

                In each of the four axes plot two reference curves.           These remain fixed.        This I can do.

                Repeatedly call a function A
which calls an inner function B
which plots a curve in each of the four axes having deleted the ones it plotted on the previous call of A.                               This I can't do.

The idea is that the figure, axes and reference curves remain in place while the temporary curves are repeatedly deleted and re-plotted to allow an 'animation' showing the progression of the curves.

I can't see a way to pass and delete the handles to the polylines produced by plot2d / gce.  I've tried passing as parameters, using global variables, all to no avail.  The most common error is from 'delete', complaining that "The handle is not valid".

Many thanks in anticipation.

Adrian Weeks
Development Engineer, Hardware Engineering EMEA
Office: +44 (0)2920 528500 | Desk: +44 (0)2920 528523 | Fax: +44 (0)2920 520178
aweeks at hidglobal.com<mailto:aweeks at hidglobal.com>
[HID Global Logo]<http://www.hidglobal.com/>
Unit 3, Cae Gwyrdd,
Green meadow Springs,