[Scilab-users] Plotting a New Xpoly Directly Inside a Compound

RolandB jdb61858 at suoox.com
Sat Jun 13 20:04:54 CEST 2020

Hi,

If one plots several curves into a 2D axes using plot2d(), the curves will
be resembled as polyline children within a compound, which is a child of the
according axes.
Adding further polylines one by one using xpoly() puts these polylines
outside the compound on the same level as the compound is located, as
children of the according axes.

Is there a simple way to have the polyline generated directly within the
existing compound?
I know that I can glue several polylines into a compound, but I would have
to unglue the compound first and then glue all polylines together back into
one compound.
Having many (!) curves makes this quite slow. Especially as glue() reverses
the order of the polylines, so I would have to do a second unglue();glue();
in order to preserve the order they had before ungluing (BTW, is this a bug
or is reversal of the order a desired feature?).

On the other hand, what kind of advantage does the compound have at all,
assuming I wouldn't need the possibility of making all of the curves in the
compound visible or invisible by just modifying the visibility of the
compound?
Ok, I can address all curves by axes.children.children(1:$) without having
to care about the legend, which would be together with the curves in
axes.children(1:$) if all the polylines were not in a compound.

But any additional advantage for using a compound?

Regards,
Roland