[Scilab-users] scilab 6.1 crashes when trying to load big matfile (loadmatfile)

Antoine Monmayrant antoine.monmayrant at laas.fr
Wed Jun 17 13:22:20 CEST 2020

Hello All,

I cannot open large matfile in scilab (~3.4Gb).
Scilab is always dying with an error message that is extremely
instructive: "Killed".

It's a bit cumbersome to share this big fie, so do you have any idea on
how to investigate this issue and try to locate the root cause?

As a side note, it might be a problem related to either the size of the
variables or their nature: cells containing hypermatrices.
The file itself is not corrupted (I managed to open it in matlab and to
save each hypermatrix into individual files that got imported in scilab
with no problem.

Cheers,

Antoine