[Scilab-users] scilab 6.1 crashes when trying to load big matfile (loadmatfile)

Stéphane Mottelet stephane.mottelet at utc.fr
Fri Jun 19 08:41:02 CEST 2020

I tried to generate such kind of data file with the following Matlab script:

c1=fillcell();
c2=fillcell();
c3=fillcell();

save("c.mat","-v7.3","c1","c2","c3")

function c = fillcell()
     c={};
     for j=1:11
         c{j}=rand(711,711,33);
     end
end

The c.mat file is 4.18GB and I managed to load it in Scilab.

How much physical memory do you have on your machine ?

S.