[Scilab-users] Isoview in GUI - Scilab 6.1.0

Perrichon perrichon.pierre at wanadoo.fr
Sun Mar 1 20:37:57 CET 2020

Hello Samuel

It’s OK.

I get exactly the same shape

Thanks you so much

Pierre P.

De : users <users-bounces at lists.scilab.org> De la part de Samuel Gougeon
Envoyé : jeudi 27 février 2020 15:35
À : users at lists.scilab.org
Objet : Re: [Scilab-users] Isoview in GUI - Scilab 6.1.0

Hello Pierre,

The former isoview() implementation mixed some poor isometrical tuning, with
some unrelated rebounding action.

This is why both types of actions have been split:

*	isoview deals only with the isometrical view, in a richer way than
formerly: Please see history sections and compare synopses
https://help.scilab.org/docs/6.0.0/en_US/isoview.html  with the former
https://help.scilab.org/docs/5.5.2/en_US/isoview.html
*	replot(), whose dedicated action is to rebound axes,  has also been
extended a lot in Scilab: Please compare
https://help.scilab.org/docs/6.0.0/en_US/replot.html with the former
https://help.scilab.org/docs/5.5.2/en_US/replot.html

Users were warned about this isoview change for 3 years.

So, the replacement for the former isoview([xmin,xmax,ymin,ymax]) is simply
isoview
replot([xmin,ymin,xmax,ymax])
with extended features with bounds values.

Maybe you think that replot() is not a nice name, not describing the actual
action of replot().
I would definitively agree. But reframing axes has aways been its dedicated
action.
And isoview() wasn't the right name to support (poor) rebounding features,
either

I hope you will appreciate and use recent isoview and replot features,
separately.

Best regards
Samuel