[Scilab-users] strange sounds repeated over and over in scilab 6.1.0

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Mon Mar 2 16:15:14 CET 2020

Le 02/03/2020 à 14:52, Perrichon a écrit :

> Hello
>
> Few years ago, I got routines producing sounds in threads
>
> With Scilab 5.5.2, sounds are produced once.
>
> With Scilab 6.1.0, sounds are repeated endlessly.

No no, "only" 16 times :-)
You can stop it with playsnd([]) or CTRL+C.

I have proposed to remove sound(), that is a duplicate of playsnd() and
brings nothing.
But finally this has not been done for 6.1.0.
playsnd() has been upgraded. In the change, its nbits argument has been
removed.
But we have forgotten to update sound() calling playsnd().
So you hear the sound the default nbits=16 times.

You must directly use playsnd() instead.

Samuel