[Scilab-users] strange sounds repeated over and over in scilab 6.1.0

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Mon Mar 2 17:03:53 CET 2020

Le 02/03/2020 à 16:45, Perrichon a écrit :

> Ok but this is a strange way to handle backward compatibility

I agree. This is why i asked for confirmation to a second reviewer
before removing nbits,
when the first reviewer asked me to remove it.
nbits was never implemented (never actually used in the function), just
present as a dead input.
But it was not disturbing.
Now, i guess that sometimes it's useful to clean the code. I think that
the next input argument "aplay"
after nbits is (very) rarely used (it addresses "only" Linux and MacOS
users (15%), and only if
its default value is not convenient (? 5% of 15% ?). Most often, only
the first 2 arguments are used.