[Scilab-users] Re : problem with matrix of polynomials

Chin Luh Tan chinluh.tan at bytecode-asia.com
Mon Mar 9 15:11:43 CET 2020

initially I thought could it be possible the number is too small (or too large) to be handled  by double?

after trying scaling down the problem, I notice that in Scilab 6.0.2 onwards:

--> 2e-20*%i

ans  =

   0.

in Scilab 5.5.2

-->2e-20*%i

ans  =

    2.000D-20i

Could this be the issue?

thanks.

rgds,

CL

---- On Mon, 09 Mar 2020 21:04:12 +0800 Stéphane Mottelet <stephane.mottelet at utc.fr> wrote ----

Maybe an inversion made in state-space could me more reliable ?

S.

Le 09/03/2020 à 13:36, mailto:sgougeon at free.fr a écrit :
> Hello Federico,
>
> cond() and rcond() do not accept rationals, but the determinant of A is very close to 0:
> --> det(A)
>   ans  =
>
>            3.573D-10

Stéphane Mottelet