[Scilab-users] Re : problem with matrix of polynomials

Federico Miyara fmiyara at fceia.unr.edu.ar
Mon Mar 9 20:03:41 CET 2020

Samuel,

Thanks for your answer. Simply being the determinant small doesn't seem
a problem when using floating point. Probably the bigger problem is the
presence, somewhere, of very dissimile orders of magnitude.

One curious detail in my example is that the solution of the system when
adding these lines (input vector and multiplication by the inverse matrix):

V1 = 1;
B = [V1/R1, V1/Z2, 0, 0]';
phi = inv(A) * B;

the denominator of the resulting node potentials in vector phi should be
of degree 8 but they happen to be just scalars (degree 0) as if the
coefficients were below %eps

Regards,

Federico